Beyond Parsing: A Language Engineering Podcast
Are you developing multiple similar products? Ever wondered if you could somehow describe what makes each product unique and abstract away the technical details?
This is what Language Engineering is all about!
Beyond Parsing is where we talk to our guests about their experience with language engineering, highlighting the benefits and discussing the drawbacks.
Listen to our episodes and tell us what you think!
tool qualification with oscar slotosch
Interview with Igor Dejanović
Legacy systems modernization is a topic that never gets old. We talk to Vadim Zaytsev of Raincode & Raincode Labs to learn how Raincode uses language engineering techniques to save banks millions of dollars that they spend to run their COBOL and PACBASE systems.
Listen to find out:
- What drives companies around the world to migrate away from mainframes.
- How Raincode migrates legacy systems without actually migrating any code.
- How Raincode modernizes legacy systems written in exotic 4GLs to a more modern COBOL.
- What role does language engineering play in all of this.
- What is SLEBoK and why you should care.
Interview with Fabien campagne
In this interview with Fabien Campagne we talk about his experience with MPS in academia and industry. We cover topics like
- Fabien’s MPS books,
- How MPS helps computational biologists analyze data faster and avoid incorrect conclusions,
- How much time it takes graduate students to become productive with an MPS-based tool,
- The main misconception that potential users have about MPS-based DSLs,
- The drawbacks of the current proliferation of YAML and JSON in the industry,
- and many others!
Interview with Daniel Ratiu
Learn how Siemens Corporate Research & Technology uses JetBrains MPS to quickly and iteratively build custom engineering tools that can check specifications for errors on the fly and provide immediate feedback that the engineers can understand.